This week’s HW+ member spotlight features Stuart Sim, head of industry development and brand ambassador at Chime Technologies. Prior to Chime, he has held a number of leadership roles, including roles at Realtor.com and NCL Sales & Strategy Consulting.
Below, Sim answers questions about the housing industry:
HousingWire: What is your current favorite HW+ article and why?
Stuart Sim: Latest Market Trends + Real Trends lists — great information to keep me up to date to inform my customers and colleagues.
HousingWire: What are you fast thoughts on the following:
- My most useful tech tool is… my iPhone.
- The weirdest job I ever had was… Club Med GO.
- My biggest learning opportunity was… leading people and learning as we grew rapidly.
- If I had picked a different career path, I would be a… pilot.
- I felt like a success at my job when… when I hit unexpected high targets.
HousingWire: What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Stuart Sim: Live life to the fullest and enjoy what you do for a career.
HousingWire: What’s one thing that people aren’t paying attention to that you think they should be paying attention to?
Stuart Sim: Listed as follows:
- State of the Industry — Seller’s market, low inventory, high prices, Interest Rates
- How Realtor’s need to change their way of thinking — Top of funnel is in the past
- Traditional Real Estate vs. New Concepts — Ibuyer/Power Buyers/EXP model
- Recruiting is hard for brokers
- Thoughts on Crypto for Real Estate and how it can change traditional transactions with NFT’s as partial ownership or tokenizing Real Estate
HousingWire: If you could change or implement one piece of housing regulation, what would it be and why?
Stuart Sim: I live in Canada where we have high foreign ownership that is driving prices very high in Vancouver. I think the current tax directive needs to be increased to make it less attractive to foreign investment.
To become an HW+ member, click here.
For more information on HW+ benefits, click here.
To view past issues of our HW+ exclusive HousingWire Magazine, go here.
The post HW+ Member Spotlight: Stuart Sim appeared first on HousingWire.