Student loan debt is a HUGE problem facing millions of people – and it continues to grow every year. Today we are joined by Travis Hornsby from Student Loan Planner who shares several options for paying back your student loans, including loan forgiveness.
Travis shares his rule of thumb for deciding whether to pay off your loans or take the forgiveness route, and tips for refinancing your student loan debt. He also gives future college attendees a few things to consider BEFORE choosing a major.
This episode is for anyone with student loan debt – or anyone with kids facing this choice. Travis also shares how you can still pursue Financial Independence while paying down your student loans.
Packed with actionable advice, this is an episode NOT to be missed!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
Betterment is an online financial advisor that can help you strive for higher returns. Don’t let high 401(k) fees drain your savings. Rolling over an average 401(k) to a Betterment IRA could mean 60% lower fees.
Get a clear view of your net worth by syncing your outside accounts, such as bank accounts and other investments. You can also see how much your outside accounts are costing you in fees and uninvested cash. Visit Betterment.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- Travis’ financial journey
- His career after graduating from college
- His first job and how much he earned from it
- Living with 5 guys and only 1 bathroom in the house
- What he was invested in
- His travel journey and a period of unemployment
- How long it took him to get $10,000 a month in income
- The biggest problem he sees in the whole student loan industry today
- A case study example of loan forgiveness and paying a massive debt off
- Public service loan forgiveness
- Having an Income-driven plan
- What are the strategies and ways students should be thinking ahead of time to set themselves up for better options
- How to refinance your student loan debt
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “Take a step back, pause, and ask yourselves, ‘Is this the right decision for my life?’” (Tweet This!)
- “I just want to make sure that when people do it, it’s definitely the right decision because once you do it, you cannot undo it.” (Tweet This!)
- “Just have skills and be flexible with your finances so that you can be a part of it.” (Tweet This!)
- “Anybody can be successful coming from any level of financial gifts or intuition.” (Tweet This!)