Your first deal might just be your most important — because it leads to all the rest. That’s why it’s so imperative to study others who have just recently purchased their first deal! So today we’re excited to bring you a mashup episode, in which we sit down with three different investors to hear how they bought their first few investment properties. You’ll hear how Bill went from ex-con to house hacker, how Jacob used some highly creative methods to find his first deals, and how David is building an empire from across the ocean. Don’t miss a moment of this powerful episode!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- Being imprisoned for 10 years
- What changed in prison for Bill
- Starting your business on the side
- How he ended up investing in real estate
- What went in his head with his first investment property
- The beauty of keeping expenses low
- Having tiny little steps
- Jake’s investing path
- How he got into real estate
- Buying a $25,000 house with a $140 monthly mortgage
- Going for the smaller banks
- Investing at a very young age
- Joining local Facebook pages
- His criteria for finding properties
- David’s story and how he got to Hawaii
- BRRR, OD, and HELOC
- Paying close to 5 percent on a 10-unit apartment
- Having a great team you can trust
- How he built a meet up in Hawaii
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “My success story didn’t started when I got out (from prison), it started right away in the very beginning.” (Tweet This!)
- “Quit the things that are holding you back and have you put in the exact location you are.” (Tweet This!)
- “Find a market that makes sense.” (Tweet This!)
- “I want to buy something that is certainly desirable.” (Tweet This!)
- “Highest risk is vacancy.” (Tweet This!)
- “Become a person worth being around.” (Tweet This!)
- “If they’ll like you, they’ll join.” (Tweet This!)