Are you ready to jump into real estate investing, but don’t believe you can find deals in today’s hot market? In this episode, we sit down with multifamily expert Andrew Cushman, who’s actively doing deals in today’s market — and turning big profits. In this show, Andrew explains how he’s finding deals, what metrics he uses to qualify them, where he’s buying today, and what his secret tricks are for finding the “overlooked opportunities” most investors miss — including how he found an amazing deal in the “trash can” for bad deals!
You’ll love hearing how Andrew creates millions of dollars in equity and builds relationships with deal-finders so that they bring him the best deals first. Be sure to download this episode and share it with your friends, so you, too, can master the secrets that the pros are using to snag killer deals!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
Fire Round Sponsor
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Andrew’s backstory
- How to make deals rather than find them
- The ABCD neighborhoods — what are they?
- What specific properties Andrew is looking for
- His effective screening criteria for finding properties
- An in-depth story on one deal
- Net operating income (NOI)
- Understanding how properties are valued
- Challenges Andrew faced over the years
- Finding great contractors
- Andrew’s many rental property units
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
Fire Round Questions
- “The person who wants it the most, loses.” (Tweet This!)
- “You can completely destroy an investment with the wrong people managing it.” (Tweet This!)
- “Don’t wait to buy Real estate. Instead, buy real estate and wait.” (Tweet This!)
- “The best way to spot a great deal is to look at 99 bad ones.” (Tweet This!)