Why work at a lame job until you’re too old to enjoy the life you’ve been given? If you are looking to get out of the rat race earlier, this is one episode you can’t afford to miss. Today on The BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with Bryce Stewart, a former school teacher who was able to quit his job at age 35 through the smart purchases of small multifamily properties. Bryce shares his powerful story on how he was able to build a portfolio of 22 units that give him $10,000 per month in income. Bryce also shares a phenomenal concept he called “vacuuming the truck,” which could change the way you think about real estate (and life) forever.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out Freddie Mac, the leader of multi-family financing, they make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable.
Get a quote today by visiting: biggerpockets.com/freddie
In This Episode We Cover:
- Bryce’s special introduction
- His inauspicious beginning as a real estate investor
- What he learned from his mistakes
- How a friend who lives for free in his apartment influenced him
- What he’s learned from having his first duplex
- What you should know about PITI
- How he financed the purchase of his duplex
- The upsides of being a landlord
- The risks of real estate investing
- The “vacuum truck” story
- The number of units he has and the reason he retired
- How to seek out “hidden ROIs”
- How he finds and funds deals
- What his future looks like
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
Fire Round Questions
- “You can live more cheaply by buying a multifamily.” (Tweet This!)
- “Sometimes you need a partner to push you to be a little stronger.” (Tweet This!)
- “You don’t want to mitigate the risk of real estate. They are there.” (Tweet This!)