On today’s epic show, we speak with Brad Barrett and Jonathan Mendonsa from Choose FI. Brad and Jonathan share their pillars of financial independence — the 10 things you need to do in order to achieve FI.
We cover beginner-level topics such as frugality and index fund investing, but we also touch on more advanced topics like tax optimization and travel hacking.
This episode went so long — and contained such fantastic information — that we simply could not squeeze it into a regular show. So we didn’t. We made it a two-part episode so we didn’t miss a moment with Brad and Jonathan.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
The all-new FreshBooks is accounting software that makes running your small business easy, fast and secure. Spend less time on accounting and more time doing the work you love.
For a 30-day unrestricted trial, go to FreshBooks.com/bpmoney
In This Episode We Cover:
- The 10 pillars of FI
- What low cost index fund is
- Why investing in low cost index funds is a pillar of financial freedom
- Low cost housing
- The idea of house hacking
- Scott’s ideas about the fastest way to achieve financial freedom
- Mindy’s pillars to financial independence
- Transportation costs
- What opportunity cost is
- Travel rewards
- Jonathan’s take on grocery bills
- Having a plan before going to the grocery store
- Tax optimization
- Some techniques for maxing out the free tax account
- Traditional retirement versus early retirement
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “Complexity reflects real life.” (Tweet This!)
- “You can’t know where you want to direct your money, until you know where it’s going right now.” (Tweet This!)