On this week’s episode of the Biggerpockets Money Podcast, we chat with Alan Donegan.
Alan Donegan watched and helped his father run a super successful sportswear company—until the economy shifted and they lost everything.
Determined to not follow this path, Alan got a job. Then another and another and another. He couldn’t find anything he wanted to do, so he created his own job, teaching people how to create theirs.
Taking lessons from his father’s experiences, Alan teaches entrepreneurs how to start really small and test the idea before jumping in with both feet. If you have an entrepreneurial itch, this is a can’t-miss episode.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
The all-new FreshBooks is accounting software that makes running your small business easy, fast and secure. Spend less time on accounting and more time doing the work you love.
For a 30-day unrestricted trial, go to FreshBooks.com/bpmoney
In This Episode We Cover:
- Alan’s introduction to money
- How his experiences has shaped the way he approaches business
- What prompted him to create the pop-up business school
- Why you shouldn’t quit your job just yet
- His “fail fast and fail cheap” business strategy
- A real-life example of a pop-up business
- The difference between a pop-up business and a side hustle
- Scott’s previous business experiences
- The difference between low cost and high cost
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “If things are going well, you can’t assume that they can continue to go well. It could change any time.” (Tweet This!)
- “There is always a way to start a business without spending any money.” (Tweet This!)
- “One of the foundation questions we ask is what excites you.” (Tweet This!)
- “Start where you are. Start small. And give it your all.” (Tweet This!)