Most people understand the world of rental properties, house flips, and other common real estate investments. But there is one little-known niche that could provide massive cash flow and profits without the headaches: note investing. In this episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with Dave Van Horn, author of Real Estate Note Investing, to talk about how anyone can get started with real estate note investing—even as a first investor. In addition to a great conversation about notes, you’ll also hear some of Dave’s powerful strategies for getting his real estate offers accepted, how he started his investments using the BRRRR strategy (with credit cards!) and much, much more.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- What is a note?
- The types of notes available
- Ways to start investing in notes
- How much cash one needs to have a note
- Dave’s backstory as a real estate investor
- Dave’s shift to note investing
- What hard money is
- Three things you need to put together a deal
- Getting bank financing
- Performing vs. non-performing notes
- Shadowing and how to do it
- Making multiple offers
- What happens when a performing note becomes a non-performing note?
- About the book
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
Fire Round Questions
- “It’s not only about what you’re paying, it’s about how you’re paying it.” (Tweet This!)
- “You don’t need any money, you just need a deal.” (Tweet This!)